Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Passing Essay

Everyone has a goal that they work at to succeed. Humanities is definitely one of those things that people who take the course have to work for to be successful. It involves a lot of work that needs to be done right and to the best of your ability. This year I learnt a lot of new things that I will need to use in my everyday life. Taking this course is nothing like taking social and language separate. We didn’t really learn much about history, words or reading comprehension. We learned life skills like patience, presenting and confidence.
We didn’t learn about reading comprehension but we definitely used it. Whenever we read a newspaper, quotation, book, or essay they almost always had something to do with globalization. From taking this course this year I have learned that everything that has been written has been written for some reason, and there is some truth to everything stated. Humanities has taught me how to read into what I am reading and see how it relates to what I am learning about and the world.
          The main thing that I worked on this year to learn is what Globalization means and how it relates to me. Throughout the year we developed our identity by finding out who we really are and how what we do affects our lives. Making logos was one the most challenging things for me to do at the beginning of the year, I had no idea who I was. All that I knew about myself was that I am a fifteen year old girl with brunette hair that enjoys dance. But by the end I have learned way more about myself, I am a trustworthy, respectful girl that works hard when I feel like there is a reward in it for me in the end. This year has made me learn a lot about myself and what potential I have in the world and within myself. I also learnt that globalization is where country’s come together to help other country’s with all their needs that that they cannot meet. I had no idea about government, other country’s or even Canada for that matter before I took this class. Even now I still don’t know everything that’s going on but I have learnt how to find out and teach myself what is.
          Technology played a huge role when it came to doing all my assignments. It taught me how to present, find out information, and to hand in most of my work without having to write it down myself and handing it in. I learned how to use blogger, wikispaces and prezi. I have never used anything more than PowerPoint before I started high school, but now I rarely use it anymore with all of these wonderful sites that I can use to make my presentations look better and way more interesting.
Humanity’s is an amazing course that I would recommend everyone younger than me to take. It has taught me so much about the world and myself, I am really looking forward to taking it next year and I have never really actually said I am excited to go to school but this course is so much fun and is really brilliant. This year I worked hard on my assignments and projects. I definitely did not do good jobs on editing my work or finishing on due dates, but that is what I strive to do better at next year. I deserve to pass because I am able to work to the best of my abilities and I plan to try harder and not take advantage of my time given to me next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment