Thursday, June 2, 2011

Personal Reflection


In this mission we worked on many things that I haven’t done so far in the year, we worked on vocabulary, poems and reading a book then doing assignments on it by ourselves. For the first time all year we had to do an independent study on a book that we had to choose by ourselves. I chose the book I am a Taxi. We had to connect it to globalization and how we know our role as global citizens. I am not much of a reader so I learned how to be determined and how to finish reading a book even if it is not that exciting to read. I also re-taught myself how to make an annotative bibliography and write a book report by myself instead of as a team. The next thing that we had to do was to make a list of vocabulary words that we knew and didn’t know from the whole year and from our text books. We had to choose ten social and ten language words then give a visual representation, definition, definition in our own words and the word used in a sentence. From that task I learnt how to find words that I don’t understand and then use three new ways to teach me how to learn it on my own. In this mission for a group assignment we had to relate our books to each other. My group made a short movie so I learned a new way to present to the class and how to keep them entertained. I enjoyed the stuff we worked on this mission and I am excited to take this course next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment